STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Video Specialist will be responsible creating engaging marketing, educational and corporate video content including: commercials, interviews, product tours, technical support demos, webinars and live streaming events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create educational and corporate video content including: commercials, interviews, product tours, technical support demos and webinars and live streaming events
- Post-production work including editing; complex motion graphics; visual and sound effects; audio mixing; 2D animation; integration of 3D models and animation into 2D environments
- Shooting, lighting and audio for all video and photography including studio, green screen and on-location shoots
- Provide technical and artistic support to diverse corporate and scientific stakeholders in developing video content
- Effectively collaborate with the senior members of the team to produce video and multimedia content in stylistic adherence with the corporate brand
- Degree or diploma from related school an asset
- 4+ years of experience and demonstrated ability editing with various cameras including experience in a DSLR to RED editing in a 4K workflow environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC software - particularly Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and Audition
- Advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D and its integration with Adobe After Effects is an asset
- Possess artistic style, eye for composition, strong sense of timing and sequencing, and impeccable attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of web publishing and video codecs
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Gmail and Google Docs
- Fluent in English with solid ability to articulately discuss ideas with stakeholders
- Mandarin fluency an asset
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!