Scientific Communications Coordinator
Job Description Summary
The Scientific Communications & Publishing Team is responsible for creating and publishing STEMCELL's weekly science newsletters, which have more than 60,000 subscriptions and 50,000 Twitter followers globally. We’re looking for a new team member who loves science, is passionate about science communication, is fluent in scientific language, and has a knack for social media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile science news and primary literature to produce weekly email newsletters for researchers working in immunology, stem cell biology, cancer biology, and related areas.
- Actively engage with scientific audiences by sharing relevant and current science news and insights via social media.
- Form partnerships with science-based organizations and societies to co-promote the science newsletters.
- Coordinate projects and tactics that support strategies for revenue generation, readership growth, geographic expansion, expansion into new scientific areas, expansion into social media and lead acquisition.
- Perform website updates and analytics, including reporting on statistics related to key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain subscriber/customer databases including lead entry and characterization activities.
- Minimum BSc in cell or molecular biology or related field.
- A demonstrated passion for understanding and communicating cutting edge biomedical science.
- Exceptional editorial insight, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight and strict deadlines.
- Advanced experience with online content searches and current knowledge of internet trends in a scientific context.
- Demonstrated understanding of scientific publishing and fluency in scientific language.
- High level of fluency with Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Understanding of digital communication, eCommerce strategies, inbound marketing and social marketing.
- Proficiency with social media tools and platforms.
- Experience tracking, analyzing and reporting on web, social media and email performance analytics.
- Experience working in an academic research or biotech environment is a strong asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!