STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 950 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
We have a new opening for a Research Technologist position in Immunotherapy team within the Research and Development (R&D) department at STEMCELL. This position is responsible for testing new and existing products, product components, competing products and establishing new culture methods that support CAR-T project. This work will involve independently performing and troubleshooting standard experiments with appropriate controls, conducting data analysis, maintaining accurate written records of laboratory procedures, providing regular reporting of experimental results, product documentation, literature reviews and some experimental design with input from supervisor. This role contributes to the general functioning of the R&D laboratory and all lab work will be conducted according to company standards. The work schedule for the Research Technologist role will require availability to occasionally work weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for performing experiments with supervisor input using a variety of laboratory techniques, including human cell isolation, aseptic cell culture, flow cytometry and immunologically relevant functional assays .
- Document experimental observations, perform data analysis and calculations, as well as summarize findings with guidance from supervisor.
- Learn to troubleshoot standard experiments and provide input into future experimental design.
- Prepare and present summarized data at R&D data meetings, including conclusions and future plans, as directed by supervisor.
- Track competitor products, source new product components and technologies, and discuss findings with supervisor.
- Assist in preparing technical documentation for product line(s) and provide technical support (product use, protocols) for Quality Control and Manufacturing as needed.
- Continually increase knowledge of laboratory techniques and products.
- Perform literature reviews and discuss relevance to product design with supervisor and other team members.
- Assist with lab procedures as requested (e.g. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, and safety measures).
- Assist with department operations as requested (e.g. filing reports, data entry).
- Comply with required Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, including maintenance of a detailed and accurate laboratory notebook.
- May train other junior staff in product use and protocols.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
- A BSc. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related relevant area.
- 0-3 years of experience performing independent laboratory experiments and research in an industry setting.
- Knowledge in T cell biology is an asset .
- Skilled in cell culture and FACS analysis is essential.
- Experience with statistical analyses of biological data is an asset; ability to apply critical and analytical thinking.
- Team oriented yet self-motivated, and mature to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presenter) both in one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Highly organized, Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Must be flexible andableto handle multipleprioritiesin afast paced environment.
- Knowledge of STEMCELL products is not an absolute requirement but highly desirable.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.