Project Manager, Corporate Projects
Job Description Summary
As a key member of the Project Management Office within STEMCELL’s Business Operations department, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects that align to STEMCELL’s corporate growth initiatives. Examples of projects include: new product or process development initiatives, vertical integration projects, implementation of customer or partner-specific initiatives and integration of acquisitions. Accountable to the Executive Sponsor for the duration of each project, the Project Manager directs project strategy and communications with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. This role will apply the company's project management framework and methodology as well as industry best practice. Projects will require management of standard project processes including, design, testing, procurement, validation, commissioning, risk, budget, and change as applicable.
Corporate projects are cross functional by their nature. The Project Management will be responsible for engaging with and managing a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from across the organization, so the need for technical and industrial understanding is necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates closely with project sponsors and senior management to support the determination of project priority, scope and resource allocation.
- Responsible for ensuring the approved project scope is delivered on time and within budget.
- Manages the overall project delivery through all stages from initiation to closeout.
- Ensures STEMCELL’s project management methodology is adhered to throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Prepares project management documentation including: Charter, Stakeholder Analysis, Work Breakdown Structure, ARCI, Integrated Project Plan, Budget, Dependency Chart, Schedule, Agreements, Risk Register, Issues Log, Change Request, Change Register, Progress Reports, Deliverable Acceptance, Project Review and Lessons Learned.
- Works with departmental management across the organization on an ongoing basis during projects to ensure appropriate resource availability.
- Engages with SMEs from across the organization to ensure relevant project and design information is being captured in project documentation and taken into account during the project lifecycle.
- Facilitates the creation of high quality product designs and implementation plans by working closely with a cross functional team that may include Research and Development, Process Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain Operations, IS and other departments.
- Works with team members to identify and analyze project risks, develop risk mitigation strategies, and produce and control project timelines.
- Communicates and presents project updates to senior managers and executives.
- Provides project leadership and motivation to cross-functional project teams.
- Encourages collaboration and fosters trust.
- Leads by example and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Minimum BSc degree in life sciences or a related field and 7 years’ experience managing multi-disciplinary projects, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree, PMP or further certifications would be an asset.
- Strong technical project management experience in the biotechnology / life sciences sector (experience working in regulated environments and familiarity with QMS compliant to ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and GMPs an advantage).
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects and dealing with complex issues in a proactive manner and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior employees and third parties business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key decision makers and build motivation.
- Well organized with excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team with outstanding people management skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and demonstrates a high degree of initiative.
- Flexible with a good tolerance for ambiguity.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!