Associate Director, R&D Business Planning and Operations
Job Description SummaryThe R&D team at STEMCELL Technologies continues to grow, and to support that growth we are looking for a leader to drive strategic operational direction, business planning acumen and analytical insight.
In this role, you will provide leadership and direction for initiatives to fuel evidence based decision making by designing and implementing mechanisms to channel data and knowledge to decision makers. You will help propose solutions and figure out executional plans based on data, and drive strategies across functional areas. Your team will empower the innovative role of scientists by driving efficient operational infrastructure.
As the Associate Director, R&D Business Planning and Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing multiple functions within the R&D Operations division (Administration Support, Grant/Collaborations, Portfolio, Program and Project Management, Lab Management, Technical Writing and Business Analytics), in alignment with Corporate and R&D Department’s strategic visions and goals. You will manage, partner and/or lead intra- and inter-departmental initiatives with a data-and results-driven mindset and effective communication
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the R&D Operations Division focused on delivering outcomes for the R&D Business Planning and Operations, as well as the R&D Business Improvement, Continuity Planning and Management
- Partner with the R&D Core Senior Leadership to develop, execute and maintain a long-term strategic and operating plan (3 years) to support the business, annual budgeting, resource planning, laboratory and capital projections and growth strategies
- Lead innovation and business solutions through multiple and out-of-box approaches and strategies
- Oversee management and executive reporting related to the R&D Business Planning and Operations management, resource planning, budget allocation and fiscal goal results
- Foster alignment and cross-departmental collaboration across organizational boundaries
Knowledge and Qualifications
- MSc or higher level education preferred. MBA, PMP or Change Management certification is an asset
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive managerial or operations management experience with multi-functional teams in a related industry
- Knowledge of RUO and clinical reagent markets in fields related to STEMCELL products
- Strategic mindset to design, develop and convey operational strategies and execute tactical plans. Experience with corporate strategies and leading business priorities
- Proven track record of implementing operational process improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Strong knowledge of budget development, management and oversight; familiarity with business and financial principles
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills, capable of problem solving and troubleshooting operational issues
- Previous leadership experience of hiring, managing, developing a high performing team. Ability to lead and influence a diverse team during change, while maintaining cooperation, motivation, and cohesiveness
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!