Product and Scientific Support Specialist
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
This position's primary responsibility is to provide product and scientific support to new and existing customers, as well as Distributors and Sales staff. This position is also responsible for managing complex issues and product complaints, and developing and applying high level technical skills and specialized knowledge on one or more product lines. S/he assures training and knowledge transfer within the team and to sales staff. This position is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide detailed information to sales reps, distributors, and customers on new and existing products.
- Troubleshoot product issues and research novel applications for products, as required.
- Work with customer service to resolve order issues.
- Document all communications and interactions with customers in CRM database.
- File and track progress of complaints/issues as part of a product investigation.
- Liaise with scientific staff to address customer’s queries and special requests.
- Provide feedback to R&D from customers on the use of products, improvements that could be made on existing products and new products that are required.
- Maintain accuracy and relevance of Product and Scientific Support knowledge database by updating internal database.
- Assist in drafting product quizzes for sales reps and technical tips.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes, as scheduled.
- Assist Sales Representatives to prepare custom orders at the customers’ request.
- Plan and complete personal and annual goals on a quarterly scale, with supervision.
- Execute ad-hoc projects as determined by manager.
- Master or PhD in Immunology and Stem Cell Biology.
- Demonstrated passion for science and learning.
- Broad scientific knowledge and significant hands-on laboratory experience.
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry and/or cell separation is required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture would be an asset.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage regular interruptions to work-flow.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to explain product and scientific information to both experts and non-experts alike.
- Demonstrated ability to meet short-term project deadlines.
- Experience working with collaborative software programs such as SharePoint and/or Confluence would be preferred.
- Strong English and Chinese language skills are required.
- Fluency in additional languages would be an asset.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!