Systems Support Analyst
Job Description Summary
The Systems Support Analyst is a member of the STEMCELL Information Systems (IS) Services team, and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of our global applications and cloud systems. Your role includes providing technical support for our global ERP system, SAP (60%), and general IS support and operations duties (40%); with a focus on providing excellent quality technical support and guidance to our global staff.
You will be responsible for receiving and troubleshooting business requests, resolving root causes and participating in the analysis and implementation of company-wide technology projects. This position is based in France and reports to the European IS Lead, and will include working with colleagues from the rest of Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and resolve SAP support escalations from other IS teamsAct as the first point of contact for all SAP technical issues received from STEMCELL staff across Europe; documenting repeatable fixes and training colleagues to prevent reoccurring escalations where possible.
- HD T1+T2General IT / IS helpdesk duties; taking ownership of support requests from the business through to resolution, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Site lead for France, include business responsibility as such (engagement, first point of contact for business, responsible for advocating for the office within the services team and meeting global IS standards within the facility.
- As a member of the European IS Service team, this role will be expected to Proactively proactively administermanage and operate STEMCELL’s applications and systems, including maintaining uptime and performance SLAs.
- Partner with other disciplines on the IS team to analyze, design, build and scale reliable applications and systems using industry standard tools.
- Triage, Identifyidentify, resolve and document root or recurring causes of support tickets raised by staff, and escalations from other members of the global Helpdesk team. Take ownership for issue resolution, including escalation of critical issues to senior management and staff.
- Integrate with IS Development and Applications teams to provide support across environments.
- Work with the IS Security team to promote and maintain train European staff on information security practices and systems throughout STEMCELL to safeguard the company, employees and systems.
- Respond to operational emergencies and system failures, including after-hours issues; lead the response and resolution of escalated issues.
- Proactively plan andWork with the European services team to perform regular scheduled maintenance, including updating documentation as required.
- As a global company, working outside of normal business hours may be periodically required.
- 5+Extensive years of experience in an IT support role, including demonstrated experience leading troubleshooting and resolution of complex problems
- Strong general system administration skills, with preference given to candidates with experience working with SAP
- A keen motivation to learn about new tools and technologies;
- Degree or diploma in a technology related discipline, or a mix of industry certifications and experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience building strong relationships at all levels
- Exhibit an excellent customer service focus, strive to deliver the best service to our staff!
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!