Product and Scientific Support Representative
Job Description Summary
We have a new role for a Product and Scientific Support Representative located in Grenoble, France. The successful candidate will be in charge of providing front line technical/scientific support on the STEMCELL product portfolio to our global customer base and sales staff. As a Product & Scientific Support Representative, you will be accountable for maintaining a high level of service and professional support to all of STEMCELL’s customers in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop good STEMCELL products knowledge to readily assist customers with any technical/scientific requests.
- Provide information to sales reps, distributors, and customers on new and existing products, ensuring adequate and timely follow-up.
- Dispatch calls, emails, and web chats from customers.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on experimental design for product optimization and solutions, while escalating complex questions or issues to departmental product specialists.
- Liaise with scientific staff to address customer’s queries and special requests.
- Work with customer service to resolve order issues.
- Facilitate product complaints and returns as directed by Supervisor.
- Document all communications and interactions with customers in CRM database.
- Contribute to and maintain STEMCELL Knowledge Database.
- Deliver customer feedback to contribute to new product design.
- Expand technical knowledge on specific product line(s) into a specialty.
- Provide laboratory training to internal staff as part of STEMCELL’s Education Programs.
- Develop Technical and Educational Tools for internal and customer use.
- MSc/BSc with relevant work experience in the biological sciences or related field, or new PhD graduate.
- Broad scientific knowledge and significant hands-on laboratory experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
- Flow cytometry and cell separation experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated passion for science and learning.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, combined with the drive to enhance efficiency by making improvements to operational processes and procedures.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to manage regular interruptions.
- Strong time management and determination to meet short and long-term project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Outstanding communication skills, with talent to explain scientific and technical information to both experts and non-experts alike.
- Experience working with collaborative software programs such as SharePoint and/or Confluence would be preferred.
- Strong English and French language skills are required. Fluency in additional languages would be an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!