Key Account Manager
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Managing Director, Germany, the Key Account Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities, relationship-selling, partnering, and managing complex accounts in the German marketplace, while ensuring that the target revenue for these accounts is achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop account penetration strategies for key strategic and competitive accounts
- Present a monthly account review at the Sales & Marketing Management Meeting highlighting performance, challenges and progression on these accounts
- Provide feedback about market dynamics, product performance, competition and market potential
- Develop and propose bi-annual business plans for the territory, focusing on quarterly and annual sales objectives in accordance with overall Sales & Marketing plans
- Work closely with the KRM (Key Relationship Management), headquarters internal program to help build strong partnerships with large accounts while keeping aligned with STEMCELL's business strategy
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support on site
- Consistently use the CRM (SFDC) as a primary tool to document all communications and customer interactions, territory management, opportunity management and reporting
- Provide leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
- Over time, this position will grow to cover all product lines and/or regions for that account
- BSc/MSc/PhD in life sciences (Hematology, Molecular Biology, Immunology) or an allied science
- Strong relevant field sales experience or equivalent industry experience
- Proven sales track record of success in closing complex and large revenue deals (minimum of a $500,000 account)
- Previous exposure to working with accounts that have been part of the KRM would be an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills; high willingness to travel
- Results orientated analytical thinker with strong problem solving abilities
- Flexible with a strong tolerance for ambiguity
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead, influence and build motivation
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!