Shipper - Cambridge, UK
Job Description Summary
Currently, we have an opening for a Shipper in our Cambridge, UK office. This role is a full time position on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Overall duties will include the proper selection and packaging of outgoing merchandise, preparation of shipping, accurate documentation of all outbound merchandise, and receiving of inbound inventory from STInc and other supplies from our different suppliers. Other tasks will be performed as needed.
- Prepares in advance proper boxes and containers needed for each shipment
- Assigns the most cost-efficient and safe packaging for shipments
- Prepares and complete all outbound paperwork legibly
- Monitors dry ice supply. If there is not enough to fill the orders, order extra dry ice ahead of time
- Picks orders ensuring correct part ID and counts
- Packs orders accordingly. Ensure shipping conditions comply with approved protocols
- Keep track of all shipments and inform supervisor in case of delay or discrepancy
- Inspects all incoming materials for identity, amount and possible damage
- If package has any signs of damage, properly document condition of incoming goods
- Informs Purchaser on any shortage or discrepancies with Purchase Order
- Fills out the necessary information on Receiving Log
- Informs the warehouse supervisor of any problems with inventory items
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Good warehousing experience would be a strong asset
- Familiar with following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to perform various tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills to use company’s software applications
- Possession of a driver’s license is required
- Understanding of English
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!