Job Description Summary
The Treasury Manager in the Finance department at STEMCELL is responsible for developing treasury policies and procedures for the treasury function in meeting the regulatory requirements and managing the day-to-day treasury activities to meet the financial obligations of STEMCELL’s business activities. Responsibilities include treasury activities related to corporate finance, global cash management and cash balance allocation, execution of debt and equity financing, loan programs, leases, debt compliance, forecasting and analysis, and banking relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the reporting and analysis of the global cash management, cash position and forecasting.
- Daily, weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts and reporting per legal entity and for consolidation of subsidiaries’ data.
- Cash analysis and its availability for corporate use.
- Short-term and long-term debt financing and working capital.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to support accuracy of forecasts.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the financial cash models and capital funding strategies working closely with the Finance and Accounting teams.
- Serve as a key point of contact with all banks.
- Conduct continuous analysis of credit facility utilization by developing and maintaining strong relationships with the banks.
- Monitor intercompany loan agreements.
- Manage the short and long term debt repayment, including periodic interest payments and monthly reporting of covenants to the banks working closely with the Accounting team.
- Responsible for the reporting of exposures and risk management across the organization.
- Monitor and analyze interest rate trends to identify opportunities and risks relating to financing programs and develop mitigation strategies.
- Analyze corporate and subsidiary foreign currency / exchange flows to minimize financial impact of foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Manage the reporting, evaluation and reconciliation of the hedging efficiency.
- Manage the sweeping transactions and all intercompany transactions ensuring their settlement.
- Prepare for the treasury function audit requirements.
- Oversees the relationships with the Credit Card processors and supports this integration in the ERP.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or related field; an advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in Corporate Treasury function, preferably in corporate finance, enterprise-wide cash management, debt management, forecasting and analysis, consolidation of treasury and banking / treasury function in a manufacturing or similar industrial environment. Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
- Professional designation of CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) is an asset. Designated CFA or CTP is an asset.
- Business and financial acumen; willingness to have an impact on the business beyond the disciplines of corporate services and finance.
- Ability to work across reporting lines and across geographies to advance strategic direction of the business.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity of a function or team.
- Experience working with an ERP system and hands-on experience with accounting software packages; experience with a Treasury Management System implementation is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office, specifically Excel including use of pivot tables.
- Structured, disciplined and organized; a critical thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills; proven analytical / quantitative skills are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Proven experience building strong relationships with senior management, external providers, business partners etc.
- Experience working in a high volume and fast paced environment with overlapping priorities and deliverables.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!