Job Description Summary
The Tax Analyst is responsible for assisting the Finance Team in all taxation aspects of the company including, but not limited to, preparing corporate tax returns and transfer pricing annual reports, preparing working papers to support Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax incentive claims, preparing tax provision working papers, and assisting in tax inquiries from tax authorities.
This role forms an integral part of the Finance Team, providing support to various tax jurisdictions where STEMCELL does business, and is key to assisting in identifying tax risks and planning opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Tax Analyst will assist with the following:
- Preparation of Canadian and US corporate tax returns, and supporting tax schedules
- Preparation of tax provision working papers
- Monthly filing of US sales tax returns
- Working closely with the broader accounting group on tax specific issues
- Ensuring tax process, policies, procedures and documentation is adequately maintained and filed
- Responding to income tax audits and inquiries as required/needed
- Working with the Tax Manager/Director on tax planning projects
- Supporting various ad-hoc tax related projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation)
- Ability to manage own time, activities and resources to ensure department standards are met on a consistent basis
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Business and financial acumen and a willingness to have an impact on the business beyond the disciplines of corporate services and finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel, but also Word & PowerPoint), as well as Google Suite.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!