Senior Quality Control Specialist, Raw Materials
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Manager, Raw Materials and Stability, Quality Control, the Senior Specialist, Raw Materials is responsible for supporting the management of Critical Raw Materials (CRAW) for new and existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the process of selection and approval of raw materials for new and existing products that require pre-qualification prior to purchase.
- Manage and prioritize raw material screening priorities in order to qualify new raw materials prior to stock-out.
- Facilitate workflow from initiation of screening to approval and purchase of raw material.
- Ensure all required documentation and testing requirements for trade compliance are met.
- Make recommendations for purchase of raw materials, based on review of qualification reports, supporting documentation and specifications.
- Represent Quality Control Department (QC) on cross-departmental teams, including Purchasing, Planning and R&D.
- Coordinate and track samples for raw material screening and hit-rate testing.
- Coordinate third-party testing and review of results.
- Maintain, collect and analyze data from raw material screening for use in metric reporting, trending, and/or hit rate analysis.
- Facilitate RND raw material selection as part of the product design and development process for new products.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot raw material related projects, e.g. alternate suppliers selection and qualification.
- Generate and approve raw material qualification reports.
- Support compliance with QMS objectives.
- Participate at Tissue Specific Team meetings when required.
- May assist in staff hiring including resume review, interview process and candidate selection.
- Promote a safe and cooperative working environment.
- BSc or MSc in life sciences with proven leadership experience.
- Strong scientific background and technical experience.
- Extensive related work experience (5-8 years) with preferably 5 years in biotechnology industry.
- Demonstrate initiative and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of biological commodities.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be well-organized, capable of careful record-keeping and pay close attention-to-detail.
- Experience working in a higher compliance environment is an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!