Senior Financial Analyst
Job Description Summary
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be partnering with Department leaders to strengthen financial results, effectively manage STEMCELL’s financial assets and provide senior management with required information and analysis to make informed business decisions. This position will also responsible for supporting and enhancing key Financial Planning and Analysis processes with a focus on analysis, forecasting and reporting. You will leverage your experience and thorough understanding of structure and processes required for scalable and sustainable business support. This position is based at our West Pender office in Vancouver and reports to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial reviews to analyze department results compare to Plan, Forecast and historical results, and proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and manage financial tools that provide visibility and transparency into department costs.
- Enhance Finance Planning and Analysis (FP&A) environment and support business units with analysis and forecasting activities.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements to financial planning and management reporting processes, to align to global best practices.
- Align financial plans with key departmental business activities and drivers; promote finance knowledge.
- Develop and prepare relevant reporting that measures the performance of the department’s objectives, projects and initiatives.
- Apply previous / current experience and knowledge of best practices, lead development and rollout of training and other support materials tailored to the business user groups.
- Collect relevant information for monthly accounting close, forecast updates, and annual budgets by working closely with the business units, and continuously driving improvements in the associated processes.
- Provide support for special projects including developing financial modeling and robust business analysis to highlight financial implications and support key decisions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ideal candidate will have the following skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, business); accounting or related professional designation.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant FP&A experience in a large, global organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes, finance systems, and related financial controls and governance in support of policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Ability to quickly grasp and with minimal supervision address the implications of a full range of financial, business and economic issues in a rapidly changing environment.
- Technically savvy, able to quickly learn new systems, self-serve, drive automation in reporting and data preparation.
- Clear, concise, articulate, professional verbal and written reasoning and storytelling skills to communicate effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable conceptualizing and logically applying concepts to concrete user cases.
- Ability to translate previous experience into applications that fit the current organizational needs.
- Self-starter and active listener with a keen interest in and commitment to personal growth and continuous learning.
- Flexible, genuinely curious, and able to continuously adjust/adapt in order to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with finance information systems projects; Project Management, Business Analysis, 6 Sigma, and/or other similar experience are assets.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!