Scientific Marketing Specialist, Pluripotent Biology
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Scientific Marketing Specialist (SMS) contributes to STEMCELL’s revenue growth by supporting our product lines with creative and effective marketing strategies and campaigns, in consultation with the Strategic Marketing group and the Marketing Communications Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and execute strategic marketing campaigns to support the delivery of STEMCELL’s market segment strategy, sales and marketing goals related to the assigned product line(s), with direction from the supervisor.
- With guidance from the supervisor, create, enhance and deliver Marketing collateral (e.g. advertisements, trade show booth graphics, videos, websites and other print and web-based promotional materials):
- Generate high quality marketing collateral to support lead generation, including helping to develop key messages.
- Work with the Marketing Communications Team to submit creative briefs and draft copy, as well as to produce draft marketing collateral, including proofing revisions, formatting and graphics for the supervisor’s review and approval.
- Draft sales support material for the training of Sales representatives.
- Post approved marketing materials through social media, on-line and other innovative marketing tools.
- Monitor execution of campaign plans, report on timeline(s) and update status of assigned tasks in project management system.
- Track, review and report on campaign effectiveness through appropriate metrics analysis with the supervisor.
- Assist the supervisor to liaise with the International Marketing Managers to determine marketing needs and implement appropriate regional marketing tactics when requested.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Team to propose and leverage social media, online and other innovative marketing tools.
- Support the Global Campaign Team to execute regional marketing strategy and identify region-specific advertising and marketing opportunities.
- Review progress and results of marketing tactics with the supervisor and/or Marketing Communications and Campaign Project Teams; may present to cross-functional teams as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc degree in the relevant area of scientific field specific to the product line(s) with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience; MSc degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience is an asset.
- Ideally, experience in a marketing or communications role, with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral is desirable; demonstrated aptitude for marketing is must.
- Technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is an asset.
- Strong project coordination and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Team orientated –‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!