Scientific Inside Sales Representative
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The company is growing and this translates to the constant expansion of our Sales Team as new territories and opportunities arise. As such, we currently we have openings for Scientific Inside Sales Representatives based in Vancouver, BC. The main responsibilities as a Scientific Inside Sales Representative is to find, develop, and grow new business accounts in the cell separation and cell culture product sectors. Secondary responsibilities include growing existing revenue streams, supporting Field Sales Representatives, and assisting with administrative tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Surpass revenue targets in assigned territory.
- Be a pro-active, contributing member of the territory team.
- Contribute to short and long term territory business plans through in depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and target potential new customers through effective market, revenue, and literature analysis.
- Engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise and business acumen.
- Provide excellent customer service by following through with prompt solutions to all customer inquiries.
- Effectively work and communicate with other STEMCELL departments such as technical support, marketing, customer service, and business operations.
- Assist Field Sales Representatives in responding to customer needs as they arise.
- Rigorously document communications and keep up to date the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of day-to-day selling in your territory.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biotechnology, Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Physiology, or a related scientific field.
- Hands on experience in an academic or biotech laboratory setting. Mammalian cell culture or cell separation experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated track record of being pro-active and assertive in accomplishing goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.