Scientific Communications & Publishing Specialist
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
As a member of STEMCELL’s Science Communication Team, you will support STEMCELL’s goal to provide timely, valuable, and accessible content to scientists globally. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and publishing a subset of STEMCELL’s weekly science newsletters and maintaining an active and engaging presence on their associated social media channels. Additionally, working alongside internal social media experts and by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of best practices in social marketing, you will provide strategic guidance and editorial direction for team members managing various social media communities.
- Compile science news and primary literature to produce weekly email newsletters for researchers working in immunology, stem cell biology, cancer biology and related areas.
- Working in collaboration with internal contributors, manage the development and execution of STEMCELL’s Science Newsletter Team’s strategy for sharing relevant and current science news and insights via social media.
- Compile, report on, and glean insights from online marketing and social media metrics.
- Form partnerships with science-based organizations and societies to promote STEMCELL’s science communication services.
- Coordinate projects and tactics that support strategies for revenue generation, readership growth, geographic expansion and expansion into new scientific areas.
- Perform website updates and track analytics.
Develop and maintain subscriber/customer databases including lead entry and characterization activities.
Minimum BSc in cell or molecular biology or related field.
- Experience working in an academic research or biotech environment is a strong asset.
- A demonstrated passion for understanding and communicating cutting edge biomedical science.
- Exceptional editorial insight, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Advanced experience with online content searches.
- Demonstrated understanding of scientific publishing and fluency in scientific language.
- Understanding of digital communication, eCommerce strategies, inbound marketing and social marketing.
- Demonstrated success and creativity in social media marketing.
- Proficiency with social media tools and platforms.
- Experience tracking, analyzing and reporting on web, social media and email performance analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight and strict deadlines.
- High level of fluency with Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of HTML required; experience with other programming languages is a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!