SAP Solutions Architect (FICO)
Job Description Summary
To support STEMCELL’s growth, the company is currently implementing the full scope of SAP S/4
from finance to extended warehouse management, connected to various other applications.
To support the solution and to continue building on the foundation laid, we are looking for an SAP
solution architect which will oversee all aspects of the system solutions with the primary focus on
Finance and Controlling (SAP FI/CO) as well as Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC),
providing subject matter expertise and guidance on best practices.
The SAP solution architect will work with the business to find the best technical solution to fit within our IT environment, solving existing business problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with cross business representatives on delivering solutions based on Best Practices, business processes, SAP expertise.
- Identify and quantify scope and impact of business changes on system.
- Recommend improvements, introduces best practices and implementation of new SAP functionality.
- Designs and develops end-to-end SAP requirements and specifications to ensure systems and solutions are meeting corporate needs following SAP Best Practice solutions.
- Evolve the global solution, using SAP and non-SAP systems, to most effectively meet the business needs.
- Establish standards and requirements to evaluate and direct enhancements and implement solutions related to SAP with focus on FI/CO and BPC
- Accountable for projects, enhancements, development, configuration, documentation, testing, training, go-live and on-going support
- Global production support on SAP issues
- Provide guidance to AMS support where needed
- Provide quality control on outsourced work
- Provide technical expertise on SAP roles/authorizations
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions
- Minimum of 6 years experience in SAP functional design in SAP FI/CO
- Preference given to SAP S/4 knowledge plus BW, BPC, Concur
- Proven ability to deliver SAP solutions with strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills to ensure projects are delivered in scope, on time and within budget
- Knowledgeable about agile methodology
- Team building skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with business leaders, IT peers and key vendors
- High degree of curiosity, continuously learning new topics, concepts and technologies
- SAP ABAP knowledge a plus
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!