Work at STEMCELL
Explore the exciting career paths at STEMCELL, which include competitive benefits and opportunities to achieve your full potential with growth-driven training and development.
Sales Development Representative, VancouverJob ID R0002317 Date posted 01/10/2020
Job Description Summary
The Sales Development Representative is dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience for every customer. As a Sales Development Representative, you love to engage, develop, and establish conversations with prospective customers of STEMCELL Technologies Inc. You are able to leverage a thorough needs assessment to identify interests and product viability, all while developing a working relationship with prospective customers. You have a keen interest in prospecting and uncovering new opportunities in the market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with and support prospective customers via our online chat platform.
- Identify opportunities from marketing leads and set up meetings/calls with sales representatives
- Follow guidelines and processes to identify and target potential new customers through effective market and literature analysis.
- Engage with potential new customers requests through cold calls and emails.
- Establish positive relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise, and business acumen.
- Provide excellent customer service by following through with prompt solutions to all customer inquiries.
- Assist with data entry and data hygiene liaising with our marketing department
- Assist Field Sales Representatives and Inside Sales Representatives in seeking our new business opportunities in the market.
- Rigorously document communications and keep up to date the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of day-to-day activities. .
- BSc or equivalent in Biotechnology, Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Physiology, or a related scientific field.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive and assertive in accomplishing goals.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of sales and marketing concepts, practices, and procedures is an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!