Research Technologist, Immunology
Job Description Summary
The Research Technologist is responsible for testing new and existing products, product components, competing products and platform technologies for the Cell Separation Human Immunology Team in the Research and Development (R&D) department.
This work will involve independently performing and troubleshooting standard experiments with appropriate controls, conducting data analysis, maintaining accurate written records of laboratory procedures, providing regular reporting of experimental results, contributing to technical product documentation, literature reviews and basic experimental design with input from the supervisor. This role contributes to the general functioning of the R&D laboratory and all lab work will be conducted according to company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing experiments with supervisor input using a variety of laboratory techniques, including manual and automated human or mouse cell isolation, flow cytometry, and immunologically relevant functional assays.
- Document experimental observations, perform data analysis and calculations, as well as summarize findings with guidance from the supervisor.
- Learn to troubleshoot standard experiments and provide input into future experimental design.
- Prepare and present summarized data at R&D data meetings, including conclusions and future plans, as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform laboratory procedures as requested (e.g. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, and safety measures).
- Support the Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and adhere to the QMS requirements, including maintenance of a detailed and accurate laboratory notebook.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related relevant area.
- 0-3 years of experience performing independent laboratory experiments and research in an industry setting.
- Experience in laboratory techniques such as tissue processing, cell counting, cell isolation, immunomagnetic cell separation, flow cytometry, aseptic cell culture is highly desirable.
- Experience with statistical analyses of biological data is an asset; ability to apply critical and analytical thinking.
- Knowledge of STEMCELL products is not an absolute requirement but highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team oriented yet self-motivated, and mature to work independently.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!