Research Associate, Contract Assay Services
Job Description Summary
The Research Associate within the Contract Assay Services Department is responsible for working with a team on client driven projects that supports the application of STEMCELL products. The position primarily focuses on client projects at all levels including following standard operating procedures, writing new standard operating procedures where required, following quality documentation practices, preparing and executing client driven studies, including data and statistical analysis for client reports.
This role is also expected to have experience with STEMCELL products as an in-house expert and be able to troubleshoot experiments, perform literature reviews, contribute to experimental design and work collaboratively with other departments within STEMCELL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for outlining, preparing, setting up and executing all experiments designed by the Study Director for client studies following standard operating procedures and standard quality documentation practices.
- Responsible for designing and executing novel and customized projects with input from supervisor.
- Conducts data analysis including statistical analysis and calculations independently.
- Troubleshoots experiments, identifies abnormal or unexpected trends in data.
- Audits results and participates in report writing.
- Presents results of projects at CAS meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of standard and non-standard client reports and SOPs.
- Assists Study Director in the generation of study proposals and costing for client studies.
- Responsible for inventory maintenance, ordering and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assists in literature reviews and discusses relevance to client projects with supervisor.
- Assists in the evaluation of new products for specific applications and seeks out internal training for new STEMCELL products as required.
- Provides training on laboratory protocols to junior staff.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
Minimum BSc in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related relevant area.
Relevant experience performing independent laboratory experiments and research in an industry setting preferred(for MSc, 0-4 yrs; for BSc, 5-9 years).
Mammalian cell culture experience is required.
Stem cell culture experience is an asset.
Flow cytometry experience is an asset.
Knowledge in a specific field related to hematology, immunology, stem cell biology, or cell biology is required.
Ability to apply critical and analytical thinking is required.
Documented ability to independently design, conduct, analyze and troubleshoot experiments.
Experience with statistical analyses of biological data is an asset.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) both in one-on-one and in a group setting with the ability to present and deliver high level and technical summaries of scientific data.
Team oriented yet self-motivated and mature to work independently, detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!