STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Manager, VLDC Operations, the Receiver will be responsible for a variety of receiving and material handling tasks to support inbound merchandise logistics to the distribution center and inter-departmental materials transfer. In addition, the position requires performing other warehouse tasks as needed to support general operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform receiving and inspection for incoming materials according to company standard operating procedures (SOP) and/or specifications.
- Unload, sort, label, and put away received goods according to warehouse locations, storage conditions, and status within our quality system.
- Receive and enter all inventory items in company ERP system and communicate with stakeholders on receiving status, including purchase orders (PO), Inter Branch Transfers (IBTs), Return Material Authorization (RMA).
- Pick and prepare raw materials for inter branch transfer to support manufacturing and other internal stakeholders.
- Act as Quality Control designates to release or quarantine products by physical tagging and segregations.
- Perform daily cycle count, spot count, and carry out investigation for inventory discrepancies as needed.
- Organize inventories in all storage locations in a systematic manner and timely complete user segregation requests.
- Maintain cleanliness, tidiness, order and safety of warehouse storage and equipment.
- Discard and recycle obsoleted goods while adhering to safety practices.
- Generate and retain working documents and records per company policy.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack and other material handling equipment to perform warehousing related tasks in a safe manner.
- Use proper protective equipment as per training while handling certain hazardous materials.
- Effectively communicate with Vancouver Distribution Logistics Center team members, material handlers from other STEMCELL sites and internal stakeholders on daily operations.
- Cross training on shipping tasks and provide backup support as needed to prepare orders for shipment in accordance with picking list.
- Supports and participates in company’s Continuous Improvement program, safety and quality Assurance training programs.
- Adhere to safety and security protocols. Actively participate to maintain company’s safety and security programs.
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Minimum of three years warehousing experience is required
- Familiar with following standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to perform various tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills to use company’s software applications
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky materials
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!