Quality Control Specialist, Stability
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
This position involves executing basic functions concerning stability program and shelf-life extensions at STEMCELL Technologies. This position provides the opportunity to exercise independent judgement in evaluating complex problems and applying current methodologies and best practices to resolve identified issues
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in processes governing stability studies, protocol preparation and SOP/Process improvements.
- Assist in workflow from initiation to completion of stability studies for raw materials, in-process materials and finished products
- Responsible for receipt, storage and inventory control of stability samples internally and externally
- Prepare stability schedules and maintain stability data base
- Assist in preparation of stability reports as requested and upon study completion
- Assist in preparation of new and revision of existing SOPs related to stability management
- Perform other Quality Control functions as assigned by Quality Control management
- Promote a safe and cooperative working environment
- BSc or technical degree with 2-4 years related experience; or MSc with 0-2 year post graduate experience.
- Good report writing and ability to understand and adhere to standard operating procedures, regulations and industry standards.
- Excellent communication skills both one on one and in a group setting.
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Willingness to learn and assume the responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!