Quality Control Analyst, Analytical Testing
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The QC Analyst will perform day to day operations related to analytical testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products in QC Analytics group to ensure the STEMCELL’s Quality Standards are met and testing is completed timely and accurately. The QC Analyst may also participate in method troubleshooting and validation, laboratory and equipment maintenance, creation of analytical methods and procedures, and all other activities as required. The QC Analyst will collaborate effectively with other members of QC team and other cross functional groups.
Duties and Responsibilities are to:
- Perform the day to day operations to ensure timely product testing and product disposition according to QC procedures, including data analysis and report preparation.
- Perform second analyst data review to ensure accuracy of data reported.
- Operate and maintain specialized lab equipment as required (e.g. pH, Osmometer, HPLC, GC, etc.).
- Participate in laboratory cleaning and maintenance.
- Create and maintain various documents including SOPs, test methods, specifications, protocols and reports to support the Quality Management System according to STEMCELL compliance requirements (ISO and cGMP) and customer needs.
- Participate in Out-of-Specification (OOS) investigations and assess other non-conformances
- Participate in the method development and validation (as required) and QC technology transfer.
- Perform non-routine analysis and testing under supervision which pertains to method troubleshooting, customer complaint investigations, support of process development and research.
- Communicate efficiently with supervisors and coworkers and promote a safe and cooperative working environment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BSc degree (preferably chemistry) with 0-2 years of industrial experience in biotechnology industry or equivalent
- Be able to perform testing and other activities according to QC procedures following strict GMP and ISO regulations
- Attention to details is mustOpen to learning of new procedures and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and deal with changing priorities.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!