Quality Assurance Associate, Product Release
Job Description Summary
The Quality Assurance Associate role at STEMCELL assists in the maintenance of the STEMCELL Quality Management System (QMS) and compliance to applicable regulations. It gives the opportunity to exercise independent judgment in evaluating complex problems and applying current methodologies and practices to resolve identified issues. STEMCELL is a dynamic workplace that pursues cutting edge technologies and practices which translates to implementing best industry processes in a fast changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining the corporate wide Quality Management System (QMS) required for the manufacture and distribution of STEMCELL products which include RUO and regulated products.
- Review of Certificates of Analyses, Batch Records and other related product documentation required for product release.
- Apply good documentation practices to all document review.
- Perform ERP transactions related to product release.
- Co-ordinate Quality interactions with Suppliers and ongoing Supplier monitoring to ensure accuracy of documentation and efficiency of product release.
- Collaborate with internal teams to represent compliance requirements related to document review and product release.
- Apply critical thinking to continuously improve product release processes.
- Edit and write Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support the Quality team in day to day activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma in relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience in quality assurance and/or regulatory in the biotech industry or equivalent.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO 13485:2003, CE medical and IVD device directives, cGMP, etc.) is required.
- Proven ability to coordinate and execute responsibilities relating to Quality Assurance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Willingness to learn and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Aptitude for learning and working with various electronic/technology platforms.
- Self motivated and independent work ethic.
- Ability to question and not always be satisfied with the status quo.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!