Program Manager, Campus Recruitment
Job Description Summary
The Program Manager, Campus Recruitment is responsible in leading STEMCELL’s North American campus engagement and early career recruitment programs. As an integral member of STEMCELL’s Talent Acquisition team in building a talent pipeline, the Program Manager develops and executes the strategic and tactical plan that will successfully drive results from the campus recruiting program, including administration of STEMCELL’s co-op and summer student programs, through ongoing relationship building and brand presence on campuses in North America and in key global talent markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the strategy and tactics to be executed within North America for the early career recruitment programs and related campus engagement; refine and evolve the programs to increase brand awareness across North America in attracting and hiring talent.
- Facilitates the recruiting process for co-op students, summer students and internships through coordination with campus recruitment offices and hiring managers (completing all administration from job postings through to offer).
- Oversee position management for all co-op related roles, to determine roles needing to be recruited for.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of key university co-op programs and work term options.
- Works with the Manager, Learning and Development and the HR Service Delivery Team to develop, implement and facilitate training sessions for managers and supervisors of co-op students.
- Coaches hiring managers on the fundamentals, trends, latest research and current best practices for attracting, engaging, hiring and/or retaining young talent and new grads on campus, and the specific nuances of graduate employment.
- Designs and implements annual campus recruiting and engagement plan targeted at key skill sets and education required by the business (BSc, MSc, PhD).
- Manages budget for campus recruiting activities.
- Collaborates with marketing team to identify key marketing collateral needed for recruiting, including communication pieces, ordering swag and providing website content updates.
- Oversees the planning, coordination and execution of various events, including delivering presentations, information sessions, speaking engagements, open houses, onsite visits and tours.
- Coordinate with Corporate Affairs on upcoming events and sponsorship opportunities.
- Leads STEMCELL’s brand awareness efforts onsite at the campuses and through social media platforms.
- Travels locally and nationally to promote opportunities at STEMCELL on Canadian campuses.
- Proactively and continuously develops and maintains pipelines of high potential co-op students and tracks conversion rates of co-op students to full time employees.
- Maintains records of co-op students within the company, to determine metrics for driving strategic planning of recruiting for recruiting.
- Designs, delivers and maintains evaluations of student performance, to help inform program and avenues for improvement.
- Develops and organizes internal career development sessions and events for co-op and intern students.
- Creates and nurtures alumni networks of co-ops, interns and summer students.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with campus recruitment stakeholders (co-op offices, professors, advisors) and hiring managers.
- Develops and manages database for talent pipeline leads collected during campus recruiting activities.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with HR stakeholders (Recruitment team, HR Business Partners, Shared Services team) to contribute towards creating a positive experience for both the hiring manager and candidate.
- Assists in organizing site visits of co-op office staff.
- Ensures the highest level of quality and professionalism in all aspects of campus recruitment.
- Manages the campus recruitment process using Workday and TalentBrew tools, committed to continuous improvement, process excellence and maintaining data integrity and accuracy in Workday system.
- Manages wage subsidy programs for students, including applications, assigning students and liaising with granting agencies on processes.
- Uses metric sources to inform and drive sourcing strategies.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred or equivalent experience with related training and education. A scientific degree is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of campus recruitment or similar experience, preferably in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Proven experience with the scheduling of interviews or other itinerary, and include pertinent stakeholders.
- Service oriented, responsive, self-motivated and proactive with excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Experience planning and monitoring budgets.
- Ability to identify leads and refer to correct recruiter within the team.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience working with an applicant tracking and recruitment marketing system. Experience with Workday Recruiting is considered an asset.
- Ability to analyze survey data, interpret survey results, and deliver findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability and comfort delivering presentations, networking and representing the business in the community.
- Demonstrated understanding of the nuances and specificity of campus recruiting.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult interpersonal situations, such as performance issues and communicating these details to appropriate stakeholders.
- Strong computer (Word, Excel, database management) skills are required.
- BC driver's license and access to a vehicle is beneficial.
- Experience using social media for recruitment purposes.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!