Program Associate, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
Job Description Summary
As a growing global company, STEMCELL is committed to supporting the communities in which it operates and investing in environmentally sustainable business practices. The role of the Program Associate, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability plays a key part in designing, developing and implementing initiatives to enhance the company’s community relations and environmental sustainability. This role engages both internally with employees as well as with the external scientific community with the goal of enhancing STEMCELL’s leadership position, and fostering employee engagement.
Reporting to the Managing Director in the Corporate Affairs Department, the Program Associate, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability implements key aspects of the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies and initiatives that support STEMCELL’s vision, corporate brand, and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of CSR and environmental sustainability strategies and tactics globally.
- Plan and coordinate the delivery of community sponsorships, as well as environmental programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement communications plans to raise awareness internally and externally about community and environmental programs, including presentations and reports to senior leadership, internal and external website content, press releases and social media postings.
- Working with various stakeholders internally, track and evaluate program results through metrics and status reports.
- Environmental Sustainability: i) Manage data collection as required for submission to external agencies to meet environmental compliance programs; ii) Work with internal stakeholders and leaders (eg. Human Resources, Supply Chain, Marketing) to generate company-wide sustainability goals and ideas, share information, receive feedback, and evaluate progress; and, iii) Develop initiatives to involve employees in company environmental sustainability efforts.
- Community Relations: i) Proactively build strategic relationships and engage with key stakeholders, influencers and organizations, including those in the local and global scientific community; ii) Develop and maintain external sponsorship request policies and processes globally; iii) Work with various stakeholders internally to review external sponsorship and donation requests; iv) Manage and document all company sponsored events, including arranging attendees, logistics, invoices and payments; v) Coordinate the budget for all sponsorships and donations globally; and, vi) Drive STEMCELL’s efforts to increase employee engagement through volunteer and community outreach programs.
- Minimum BSc in cell or molecular biology or related field. Advanced degrees and/or certifications would be an asset in order to gain a strong understanding of the company’s products and industry.
- Shares the company’s passion and commitment to corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
- Strong understanding of local scientific community to foster relationships with scientific leaders, associations and organizations.
- 2 to 4 years of experience leading community and environmental programs in a manner that enhances brand and reputation within the community while meeting business objectives.
- Knowledge of environmental standards in the life sciences industry and relevant certification programs.
- A self-motivated individual who takes initiative, is proactive and has the ability to work on multiple projects with a very high degree of autonomy.
- An excellent track record of execution in a fast-paced, growing company environment, preferably with a global organization.
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills at all levels within an organization, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate (verbally and written) internally, as well as with scientific community leaders and vendors.
- Proficient program and project management skills. Ability to anticipate, plan and execute corporate programs / projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- High attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Suite.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!