Product Marketing Manager, Pluripotent Stem Cells
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver, Canada, that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory reagents, educational materials and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 90 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as Scientists Helping Scientists – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We employ more than 900 people globally, with over one-third holding a PhD or MSc. Our team also includes engineers, MBAs, CPAs, and other professionals in a variety of departments. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Currently we have an opening for a Product Marketing Manager, Pluripotent Stem Cells. This position is responsible for collaborating with individuals across company departments to effectively manage all stages of the product line life cycle, including the launch of new products and the development and implementation of effective marketing strategies and tactics for existing products to support their growth, as well as supporting and collaborating with other cross-departmental teams. This role also involves identification and analysis of appropriate markets and critical analysis of STEMCELL Technologies’ product sales in specific market segments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product Line Strategies
- Contribute to product line strategies by reviewing existing product performance, defining the competitive landscape and market position of STEMCELL products and analyzing the efficiency of the marketing and sales process;
- Monitor competitor and industry/research field innovations to identify market opportunities and threats;
- Identify and assess current and new markets; and
- Prepare product line sales forecasts.
- Marketing Campaigns
- Develop marketing and advertising campaigns for new and existing products in order to deliver on product line / market segment strategy and product line sales goals
- Work with Scientists to develop product positioning and key messaging for campaigns;
- Prepare written content for print, online, video and social media marketing materials, and collaborate with graphic design, video, marketing operations and online teams to implement materials;
- Report on campaign effectiveness using both standard and adapted metrics; and
- Develop lead-generation strategies to identify new potential customers.
- Act as company-wide market expert for relevant product lines, working with other Product Marketing Managers to identify opportunities for product line cross-sell;
- Work with team members in R&D, Operations, and Sales and Marketing to ensure activities required for product launches and product changes are aligned and completed in a timely manner;
- Attend interdepartmental meetings to provide guidance or updates regarding product changes or new market strategies;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products, market trends, opportunities and competitive landscape for assigned product line(s) through feedback from the field, literature reviews, trade show attendance, etc.;
- Support Sales reps and managers by providing guidance and area-specific knowledge in response to requests, including support for key accounts; and
- Other duties as required, including support of additional product areas.
- Graduate degree in the biological sciences is mandatory; a PhD is strongly preferred;
- Training and expertise in the field of pluripotent stem cell biology would be an asset;
- Experience in a product management, marketing or communications role is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and strong presentation skills are mandatory;
- Excellent command of the English language, with a proven ability to generate and meticulously copy-edit materials tailored to a specific target audience and venue;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic interdepartmental team; and
- Working understanding of project management techniques strongly preferred, with experience coordinating multiple projects on tight timelines, including the ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.