Capital Equipment & Contract Purchasing Specialist
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
This position will work as part of the procurement team as a dedicated resource to source, negotiate, qualify, and manage vendors in the supply of capital equipment, services and maintenance contracts. The Procurement Specialist works as an integral part of a cross-departmental team that is responsible for ensuring the end-to-end procurement process effectively enables and supports the necessary management to procure capital equipment, services, and contracts. The Procurement Specialist will develop, roll out, oversee, manage and continuously improve the procurement processes. This position will work closely with internal teams such as Facilities, Process Development, Process Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, finance and special project teams.
The Procurement Specialist will focus on in-depth knowledge of markets, suppliers, products and their cost drivers, in order to maximize value and mitigate risk to project deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement program specific procurement processes to ensure appropriateness, efficiency, cost savings, compliance with company procedures and best practices
- Manage preparation, implementation and execution of procurement processes
- Interact with key stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships and introducing the benefits of early procurement involvement
- Work with key stakeholders to develop procurement roadmap and supporting plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Execute end-to-end competitive bid process for procurement requirements
- Work with the finance team throughout the procurement cycle to assist with forecasting, cost analysis and budgeting
- Work with Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts to achieve vendor qualification, selection and support vendor performance management
- Responsible for sourcing, liaising and negotiating with new and existing suppliers
- Create and manage documentations necessary for the acquisition of materials and services
- Provide updates about procurement related progress and work to mitigate potential issues and delays
- Analyze market and delivery trends and best practices to ensure the program processes aligns with these
- Develop and recommend sourcing strategies that maximize value and mitigate risk
- Conduct procurement tracking and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. Conduct procurement dispute resolution where necessary
- Coach, mentor and assist program team members throughout the procurement process
- Provide outstanding stakeholder service to ensure stakeholder satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating and executing Procurement processes
- Excellent knowledge of procurement mechanisms, expediting, logistics, construction contracts, material control and quality surveillance
- Skilled in the preparation of specifications, reports, and contracts
- Demonstrated planning and communications abilities
- Experience in reviewing and monitoring contracts
- Knowledge in procurement techniques and best practices, including supplier relations, negotiation & management
- Performance, cost-value analysis, concepts and issue resolution
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and advisory skills
- Self-starter and strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and execute supplier contract agreements
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Tenacity to overcome challenges to deliver on commitments
- Familiarity or experience in Biotech or Life Sciences Industry a plus
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!