Operations Associate, Facilities
Job Description Summary
The Operations Associate, Facilities is responsible for handling detailed and complex scheduling and meeting planning, preparation of executive presentations, domestic and international travel arrangements, expense reports and correspondence, in addition to organizing, managing, and documenting multiple project related activities and processes to ensure departmental and/or corporate projects are successfully executed in alignment with corporate strategy. This position supports the Vice President of Facilities and the Vice President of Corporate Real Estate (VPs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage complex and challenging calendars, including scheduling meetings with participants in multiple time zones.
- Take accurate minutes at group meetings and distribute them in a timely manner.
- Ensure travel and accommodation arrangements are made and expense accounts are prepared and submitted for the VPs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and track progress toward an ongoing list of deliverables for assigned projects.
- Synthesize information provided from multiple sources and produce high quality executive summaries and/or presentations.
- Coordinate and complete assigned projects from the VPs or other members of the Facilities management team as required.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with other Facilities administration support staff to execute cross-team projects and activities.
- Review incoming email correspondence and materials directed to the VPs and bring significant items to their attention.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the VPs for review and approval; this requires a broad knowledge of corporate and department operations, as well as personnel.
- Manage invoices and maintain real time budget versus actual reporting for assigned budgets.
- Direct inquiries related to Facilities matters to the appropriate team member(s).
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce redundancy and improve accuracy while achieving organizational objectives.
- Organize departmental meetings, quarterly planning, and social activities and events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with Facilities senior management to execute operational activities as assigned: assist in managing and tracking the annual department goals and related projects; work with the Facilities team to ensure the reported data / information is accurate; provide quarterly progress reports to Facilities senior management.
- Assist with operational project-based tasks and assignments utilizing standard project management methodologies and best practices, as required.
- Monitor and maintain the Facilities file structure as needed; ensure file management structure is current, organized and accurate.
- Undergraduate degree desirable with 2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Experience working with project management methodology in an operational environment is an asset.
- Highly professional and adaptable with proven judgment and discretion with confidential matters.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and be solution oriented.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy; demonstrates attention to detail and has excellent record keeping and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in an environment with fluctuating volumes and demands.
- Project or event planning experience is a significant asset.
- Excellent computer skills are a distinct asset. Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; familiarity with database software is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Thrives in a constantly changing and busy environment
- Anticipate needs and is proactive with solutions
- Creative problem solver
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Works well with both introverts and extroverts and a variety of different personalities
- Begins tasks with the end in mind
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality along with excellent judgement and discretion
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships between other departments
- Team orientated - ‘one-team’ behavior is a must
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!