Manufacturing Technician, Finished Goods
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Technician will work as part of a team to complete the manufacturing process to prepare products and materials. The Manufacturing Technician will work collaboratively with other groups in Manufacturing and other departments to meet the demand of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure products specifications and tolerance levels are met
- Identify, set up and operate production equipment
- May participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S activities within Manufacturing
- Flexible in changing from assigned tasks without diminishing the quality of the products.
- Provides general support and assistance for a variety of activities performed in the manufacturing department on an as needed basis.
- Occasional shift work may be required to meet Manufacturing demand.
- A high school diploma, with up to 3 years of experience in team environment or equivalent education and experience
- Experience in Manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical or the food packaging industry would be an asset
- Physical ability to lift 25 - 30 pounds, requiring manual dexterity and versatility.
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 13485. cGMP experience a definite asset
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others and be able to work in a team
- Ability to follow written instructions, standard operating procedures, and pre-defined guidelines to execute and perform the functions of the job. Demonstrate attention to detail skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment
- Shift work and over-time may be required
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!