Manufacturing Operations Associate
Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Operations Associate is responsible for constructing schedules for Manufacturing groups and creating & maintaining Manufacturing documentation. The Manufacturing Operations Associate will work closely with the Manufacturing Operations Documentation group to create and maintain manufacturing documentation. The position will complete tasks related to scheduling including, but not limited to, printing and compiling documentation and reviewing for accuracy before transferring to manufacturing groups upon completion. The position will work with the Manufacturing Operations scheduling group and interact with Planning, QC, and Logistics, for review of priorities and creation of manufacturing schedules. The Manufacturing Operations Associate proactively identifies continuous improvement opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce waste.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains Manufacturing SOPs and Batch Records.
- May be responsible for creation and maintenance of Manufacturing Engineering Masters.
- Work with Manufacturing Operations Scheduling group to create the manufacturing schedules based on Corporate priorities.
- Responsible for releasing, printing and reviewing for completion the Work Orders used in manufacturing groups.
- Identify and propose continuous improvement opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Bachelors of Science (Chemistry, Biology or Life sciences related)
- Knowledge of Operational systems is desirable (e.g. DDMRP, MRP/Visual)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the Biotech/Biopharma industry
- In-depth knowledge in word-processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and team skills
- Experience in Technical writing an asset
- Experience in scheduling an asset
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!