Manager, Primary Cells Operations
Job Description Summary
The Manager, Primary Cells Operations, is accountable for the execution of the internal day-to-day operations of the primary cells business in alignment with STEMCELL’s overall vision and objectives for the business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Primary Cells Team, develop and execute overall inventory strategy for all Primary & Cultured Cells products.
- Oversee and manage existing capabilities and ensure capabilities are established and efficient to achieve long-term growth.
- Work with QA and Business Development departments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for the manufacturing and sales of human biological materials.
- Work with R&D and Contract Assay Services to ensure their needs are met Work with all divisions of Supply Chain Operations (including Customer Service, Planning, Procurement, Distribution and Trade Compliance) to ensure smooth operation of business unit’s processes.
- Act as a project manager for the execution of operational initiatives using STEMCELL’s project management framework and ensuring best practices are adhered to throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Chair regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the prioritization and execution of portfolio expansion projects.
- Ensure the supply of products is secure and STEMCELL is meeting all obligations to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Champion Continual Improvement opportunities within primary cells operations including but not limited to supplier operations management and developing and/or improving processes for business efficiencies, e.g. cost reduction, inventory management etc.
- Work with Sales Management and Product Manager to ensure projections are handled efficiently.
- Communicate directly with Sales (and Customers when applicable) regarding fulfillment requirements needs assessment.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of external marketplaces Page 1 of 1 STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Provide input to team regarding new product development based on market feedback.
- Other Duties as requested.
- BSc degree in the biological sciences or related field, with a graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sales, Business Development, Product Marketing or R&D in the life sciences sector, including management experience.
- Excellent understanding of the legal and regulatory environments surrounding primary cells, in the US and other major markets.
- Track record of building strong working relationships with customers, business partners and/or senior employees.
- Strong business acumen.
- Well-organized with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic understanding of corporate finance, margin analysis and project valuation.
- Flexible with a good tolerance for ambiguity.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and build motivation.
- Confident, results-oriented individual.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!