Director, Global Total Rewards
Job Description Summary
Working in close partnership with our executive leadership, and reporting to our Senior Vice President, Human Resources, you bring a proven track record of thought leadership in the development and delivery of global total rewards programs aligned with an organization’s values and culture. You have applied various creative approaches within the context of a growing, multi-generational and globally diverse organization and are not afraid to experiment and evolve your ideas through continuous feedback from stakeholders and staff. A strong relationship builder, and communicator, you are known for proposing simple, transparent pay practices that positively impact attraction, alignment, retention and engagement, and that are easily communicated to the general employee population.
As Director, Global Total Rewards, you will build, develop and implement STEMCELL’s global total rewards strategy supporting STEMCELL’s efforts to attract, align, develop and engage smart, creative people passionate about creating healthier communities through science. You will also lead an established team of high quality experts leading HR operations, HR systems and governance. This role will appeal to a hands-on, results-driven, senior HR professional with a minimum of 10 years of relevant progressive leadership experience in Total Global Rewards design and HR systems management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development, operationalization, and administration for our competitive global total rewards strategy (including base compensation, benefits and other cash and non-cash incentives).
- Creates a global total rewards program, approach and practices that contributes to an engaging employee experience aligned with our core values and organizational objectives, and reflects the differing motivations and interests of a multi-generational workforce.
- Builds and develops documentation and communication strategies to govern and sustain our overall rewards and recognition programs.
- Oversees the delivery of our Workday and HR systems implementations and enhancements to provide employee and manager self-service functionality, thereby ensuring the employee life cycle remains as automated and self-serve as possible.
- Ensures a global approach to drive informed and transparent decision making and consistency of approach across all regions globally.
- Ensures our corporate data reporting strategy provides insights identifying hot spots, supports efficient people practices and effective workforce planning across the organization.
- Creates and maintains governance practices to ensure people data is centralized and multiple data entry points are reduced.
- Leads the overall annual headcount budgeting cycle, in close partnership with Finance FP&A teams.
- Collaborates effectively with HR functional area partners (HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development) as well as other functions (Corporate Communications, Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) on all relevant aspects of HR.
- In partnership with other HR centres of excellence, builds talent management systems that will empower the organization and enhance employee engagement across the employee lifecycle.
- Develops, implements and maintains a high standard of service delivery for HR Shared Services, that meets and exceeds employee needs.
- Sources, leverages and builds relationships with internal networks enabling informed program design aligned with business needs and organizational culture.
- Remains current on external influences that may impact the global rewards strategy and program (includes economic, labour market, cultural norms, regulatory, works council considerations, M&A approaches and tools).
- Mentors and develops others as in-house subject matter experts to build, strengthen and sustain organizational total rewards knowledge and core capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains credibility throughout the organization and ensures strict adherence to confidentiality and sensitivity in handling all aspects of private data across the HR team and business groups.
- Continually identifies opportunities to evolve the global total rewards strategy, program and practices and lead the implementation of new projects and initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in business administration, HR or related disciplines (or equivalent combination of background and experience). CPHR, CCP designations are an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading the design and implementation of an integrated Total Rewards program for a growing global organization.
- Experience in developing compensation strategies for top talent, highly specialized positions and/or for market competitive industries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees and managers, along with a proven track record of influencing change.
- Proven experience in leading, developing and mentoring high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen interest in systems and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver on enterprise-wide initiatives that positively impacts the employee experience.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; practical experience of systems management.
- Research and analytical skills to assess and recommend appropriate course of action on industry, global economic, political and economic trends, and to identify risks and opportunities that may impact the business.
- People leadership skills to model valued leadership behaviors and to develop strength in reporting leaders and staff in development of critical capabilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to support a clear understanding of expectations; address challenges and issues for the team.
- Planning and coordination skills to develop operating plans, processes, methods and standards for the function and team.
- Problem solving and decision making skills to lead diagnosis of critical challenges; develop integrated business solutions; and to assess and risks and opportunities that may affect functional area.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!