Associate Product Manager, Mesenchymal & Myogenic
Job Description Summary
The Associate Product Manager (Assoc. PM) contributes to STEMCELL’s goal of helping scientists advance science by representing the voice of the market and customer values, providing market-driven insights at all stages of the product life cycle. With input from senior management, the Assoc. PM combines data-driven approaches and industry best practices with creative thinking and business/market expertise to propose and implement effective product management strategies to support the development, commercialization, promotion, and maintenance of our portfolio of Immunology products. This role involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration across departments, and with customers and external partners around the world.
The position will be responsible for driving STEMCELL’s product and market strategies for the epithelial, myogenic and/or mesenchymal research areas.
Product Portfolio Strategies
- Manage and support the entire product life cycle for one or more product line(s) by proposing and implementing product management initiatives to support the delivery of STEMCELL market segment strategy and sales and marketing goals related to the assigned product line(s).
- Track the commercial performance of the assigned product line(s) and regularly present financial overviews to various stakeholder groups, across different departments and corporate operations groups.
- Create business cases to provide recommendations for the one-to-two year product development and portfolio maintenance plans through detailed analysis of the market(s), the competitive landscape and customer needs.
- Provide revenue forecasts for proposed new products, as well as quarterly forecasts for existing products at various stages of the product life cycle, to guide new product development decisions, sales and inventory planning projections.
- Work closely with the Scientists and the Operations Team to move new product(s) efficiently through product development pipeline to product launch. Develop and review website product information, and review product information sheets, product manuals, labels and packaging.
- Work closely with the Senior Scientists and the Business Development Team to perform opportunity analysis and strategic planning for in-licensing of intellectual property.
Marketing and Sales Support
- Work closely with the Scientific Marketing group to develop and execute marketing strategies and annual plans for assigned product portfolios, including campaign planning, budget planning and tracking, marketing collateral review, and campaign evaluation to ensure alignment with Sales and Corporate strategies.
- Enable the global Sales Team by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective sales strategies, and developing and delivering sales support tools, including product and market training.
- Work with regional Sales Managers and Marketing Teams to amend sales strategies and marketing plans as appropriate for local markets.
- Identify and attend global conferences that align with the assigned team’s strategy and overall corporate priorities. Work with the Scientific Marketing Team and Conference Management Team to develop, execute and report on the success of conference-specific marketing initiatives.
- Serve as the project lead within the assigned Team for one or more product management, marketing or data analysis projects.
- PhD in cell biology.
- Relevant marketing or product management experience is preferred.
- Some understanding of product positioning and value proposition to suit the market is preferred.
- Strong ability in data manipulation and interpretation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills, with proven experience building strong relationships with stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Experience with project management and project planning, including coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines, and adjusting flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Team orientated – ‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!