Associate Product Manager, Cell Separation
Job Description Summary
The Associate Product Manager (Assoc. PM) is responsible for supporting one or more products and product lines for the Routine Diagnostic and Special Applications Team in the Research and Development (R&D) Department. With input from senior management, the Assoc. PM supports all stages of the product life-cycle by proposing, implementing and executing product management initiatives, and providing input on effective marketing strategies and tactics. This role involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration across departments, and with customers and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Product Portfolio Strategies
- Manage and support the entire product life cycle for one or more product line(s) by proposing and implementing product management initiatives, in consultation with supervisor or senior management.
- Communicate product management strategies to the assigned Team and provide recommendations for the one-to-two year product development plan through analysis of the market(s), the competitive landscape and customer needs.
- Collaborate with the Pricing Team to make recommendations on product pricing.
- Track the financial performance of the product line(s) and present financial overviews to the Team and Corporate Operations groups.
- Provide revenue forecasts for new products at the New Product Proposal (NPP) and during the pre-launch stages. Provide the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) forecast on a quarterly basis to set the inventory and sales projections, and provide pricing recommendations to maximize value.
- Coordinate new product(s) through the NPP and technical transfer process through to product launch. Review Product Information Sheets, product manuals, labels and packaging.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Operations Team to ensure that the inventory levels of products are sufficient to meet market demand, and keep the Sales team updated on critical inventory issues.
- Work closely with the Senior Scientists and the Business Development Team to perform opportunity analysis and strategic planning for in-licensing of intellectual property.
Marketing and Sales Support
- With Scientific Marketing group, develop and execute marketing strategies and annual plans for assigned product portfolios, including campaign planning, lead generation, marketing collateral development and review, and conference and trade show attendance, ensuring alignment with Sales and Corporate strategies.
- With Scientific Marketing group, prepare and propose the assigned Team’s online advertising budgets in accordance with the budget guidance.
- Enable Sales by identifying sales strategies, writing and providing sales scripts and other sales support tools, and developing and delivering product training to the Sales and Technical Support Teams.
- Work collaboratively with the Scientific Marketing and Marketing Communications groups to ensure the successful execution of approved marketing campaigns, including performing regular reviews of lead generation and campaign performance.
- Work with regional Sales Managers and Marketing Teams to amend sales strategies and marketing plans as appropriate for local markets.
- Identify and attend conferences, ranked by priority. Execute conference campaigns and act as conference custodian.
- Serve as the project lead within the assigned Team for one or more product management, marketing and data analysis projects, and lead a cross-functional team to meet deliverables as established by the Marketing Steering Committee.
- May supervise a Scientific Marketing Specialist (SMS): lead, manage, coach, develop and evaluate direct reports through regular one-on-one and team meetings; ensure direct reports have the capability and capacity to meet future organizational needs.
- PhD in cell biology or a related field.
- Relevant marketing or product management experience is preferred.
- Some understanding of product positioning and value proposition to suit the market is preferred.
- Demonstrated developing business and financial acumen.’
- Strong ability in data manipulation and interpretation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills, with proven experience building strong relationships with stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technical and scientific writing relevant to generation of educational and marketing materials.
- Ability to translate technical documents into effective marketing collateral with appropriate language and tone, including the ability to meticulously copy edit materials.
- Experience of project management and project planning, including coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines, and adjusting flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Team orientated – ‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!