STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Receiver will be responsible for providing logistical support for the movement, storage, control and protection of raw materials, supplies, work in process products and finished products. The Receiver is also able to perform shipping and receiving tasks, support the Supply Chain, Manufacturing and QC groups, as well as to perform inventory control duties such as cycle count.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs receiving inspection for incoming materials according to standard procedures and/or specifications
- Labels and stores materials and finished goods according to their status within our quality system (on-test, inspection, pending disposition and release)
- Transacts inventory using company’s ERP system applicable orders PO, IBT, RMA as per standard procedure
- Packages and processes shipping of materials as required. Communicates effectively with couriers (Fedex, UPS, etc...)
- Selects, identifies and packages outbound materials as scheduled for the daily transfers, where and when required.
- Monitors storage space capacity available and if issues, communicates to the logistics group (material handling and distribution) for transfer options either to inter-branch or off-site facilities
- Performs disposition of materials and finished goods according to instructions from NCRs, RTV and SCAR processes
- Process RMA from initial receipt through final disposition
- Acts as QC designate to physically tag finished products and release them in the system as per instructions
- Discards expired materials (raw, in-process or finished goods) while adhering to safety practices
- Performs scheduled cycle count tasks and participates in inventory count activities as required
- Performs kitting and re-labelling activities as per standard operating procedures, where and when required.
- Complies with C-TPAT and Safety requirements
- Operates forklift, pallet jack or other material handling equipment as per training and when required
- Participates and support our company’s continuous improvement program
- Helps maintain the area clean and organized as well as inventory in their storage locations.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 2 years warehousing and/or material handling experience
- Familiar with following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Highly organized and detail oriented required
- Able to perform various tasks in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills to use company’s software applications
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky material
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!