Field Service Engineer - Singapore Based
Job Description Summary
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for customer service, preventative maintenance and field servicing of STEMCELL instruments. The role also involves testing, troubleshooting, and assembly of STEMCELL instruments. This is a hands-on position with local and international travel requiring a high mechanical and electrical aptitude with experience in a field service environment. While this position is based in our office in Singapore, the incumbent will report into the Senior Manager, Instrumentation Manufacturing & Service who is based in Vancouver, BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone, email and on-site service on operational or maintenance aspects of instruments to minimize customer downtime.
- Perform on-site or in-house servicing, repair and installation of instruments and their components.
- Maintain our fleet of demo instruments and ensure their performance for customer demos.
- Propose solutions to any service problem from low to moderate complexity.
- Receive general direction on unconventional and/or complex service problems and possible solutions.
- Develop broad knowledge of StemCell instruments including remote diagnostic, troubleshooting and repairs of mechanical, hardware, software related failures.
- Independently manage time and schedule customer visits.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Follow written service and assembly procedures.
- Perform instrument module electrical and mechanical assembly and confirm product quality with validation testing.
- Train new staff as required.
- Assist in determining work schedule and contribute to budgeting.
- Assist with continuous improvement of product design and manufacturing.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical diploma with substantial experience, preferably in field service.
- Familiarity with robotics, vision systems, liquid handling, automation, machine controls and software systems.
- Strong diagnostic and structured problem solving skills.
- Strong experience of mechanical assembly and industrial experience in ISO certified companies.
- Excellent customer facing skills with a track record of maintaining customer satisfaction and instrument performance.
- Ability to travel at short notice; up to 50% travel is required.
- Team oriented yet self-motivated and mature enough to work independently.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin languages.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and diagrams.
- Understand customers concerns and manage communications to maintain and build relationships.
- Ability to handle surprises.
- Moderate computer skills, Windows OS and MS Office.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!