Account Manager/ Scientific Sales RepresentativeJob ID R0001970 Date posted 08/16/2019
Job Description Summary
The Scientific Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to manage the existing relationship of STEMCELL Technologies as well as to generate revenue in the territory by identifying potential customers, introducing them to our products and working with them by providing technical support and customer service so as to ensure that they purchase products and become “happy customers”. The Scientific Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring that the target revenue for the territory is achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and propose bi-annual business plans for the territory, focusing on quarterly and annual sales objectives in accordance with overall Sales and Marketing plans.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within the territory.
- Locate new potential customers via prospecting, cold calling and setting up appointments with key decision makers.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by Inside Sales or through marketing activities.
- Prepare price quotations, discounts and custom requests at the customers’ request.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge so as to be able to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their research needs.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support.
- Liaise with Product and Scientific Support staff regarding difficult customer queries.
- Document all communications and customer interactions in CRM (SFDC).
- Provide feedback from the field to Sales Management about market dynamics, product performance, competition and market potential.
- Prepare proposals to respond to requests for custom orders.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Hematology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is preferred.
- Good understanding in culturing human pluripotent stem cells, mesenchymal stem cells and hematopoietic stem cells.
- Technically competent with immuno-magnetic based column free cell isolation and good with FACs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Sales experience is an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!