Field Applications Scientist, Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Field Applications Scientist, Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology will be located in Shanghai, China, and will be responsible for providing outstanding frontline scientific/technical support to drive our growth in the pluripotent market in China.
- Provide product and scientific knowledge to our customers on a service-oriented way through phone call, email or site visit
- Work closely with Field Rep, Channel Manager and Distributor to perform routine and technically challenging demos for customers/potential customers as required
- Visit key labs to give product seminar, troubleshoot and optimize protocols
- Respond to and document customer inquiries/complaints for the Pluripotent product lines to ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Execute and assist in the product education of in-house personnel, customers and distributors
- Represent STEMCELL Technologies at conferences, workshops and trade shows as required
- Collect market intelligence such as competitors’ pricing and marketing strategies etc., and contribute to the overall strategies to develop the pluripotent market in China
- Assist in revenue generation to meet revenue target for pluripotent product line
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!