Customer Service Representative
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Customer Service Representative will work as part of the team that is responsible for receiving and processing orders, coordinating shipments, answering phones, responding to emails, providing prompt responses to customer concerns while delivering exceptional customer service. Other tasks will be performed as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional frontline Customer Service to Distributors for pre-sales support: checking on-hand parts, maintaining inventory on hold and customers setting up/maintenance in Visual ERP.
- Respond to customer inquiries and order status confirmations in a timely manner in writing and over the phone.
- Process a variety of customer orders for an assigned territory into the ERP system accurately.
- Liaise with Third Party Logistics Partner (3PL) for weekly Distributor shipments.
- Responsible for generating Shipment Documentation and Printing / Posting invoices.
- Actively review all open orders to ensure backorders are promptly acted on and fulfilled.
- Collaborate cross departmentally across Operations, Sales and Marketing to communicate and meet customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Act as a custodian of inventory that is warehoused in various locations, including inventory on hold.
- Provide reception coverage as required.
- Responsible for administrative duties such as, but not limited to: purchase and maintenance of office supply inventory, track and monitor expenses, coordinate travel arrangements, delivery of mail and couriers.
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma in a related field or 1-2 years of related work experience
- Presentable friendly, outgoing personality, both in person and over the phone
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated with a focus on accuracy
- Resourceful and proactive; able to identify solutions and address problems independently, in consultation with appropriate stakeholders
- Computer proficiency is a MUST with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (reading, writing and speaking)
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!