STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
We currently have an opening for an Accountant in our Shanghai, China office. Reporting to the Controller and General Manager, the Accountant is responsible for daily management of all accounting functions such as financial reporting, preparing budget, payroll, banking and monitoring cash flow, for STEMCELL’s China operations. The primary duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a timely and accurate month end closing of China operation, and a timely submission of monthly reporting (leading to balance sheets, profit and loss statements) to head office.
- Prepares monthly VAT, payroll, other tax remittance and statutory filing.
- Prepares statutory accounts and all related tax returns per PRC tax rules, liaison with the auditors/local authorities in terms of taxation, finance, statistic return, external audit and foreign exchange administration.
- Prepares documentation and provides support for year-end financial audit.
- Forecasts and manages cash flow, prepares all payments with respect to approved budget/forecast and payment schedule/deadline.
- Prepares budget, forecast and variance analysis, and supports any ad hoc analyses or projects as required.
- Works closely with sales and other operational functions on risk identification, efficiency improvement and cost mitigation areas, including but not limit to timely receivable collection, prevention of bad debt and lean process. Work as a key business partner to China General Manager.
- Manages Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and payroll function with collaboration from other team members.
- Enters general journal adjusting entries and performs various reconciliations and analysis to complete the month-end closing.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (accounting or finance)
- Minimum 7 years hands-on accounting experience
- Working towards CPA or local accounting certificate preferred
- Experience using global ERP system as well as Kingdee or similar Chinese accounting software.
- Familiar with Chinese banking system and regulations
- Working knowledge of Chinese Accounting Standards and taxation
- Some experience in a multi-divisional, multi-currency environment would be an asset
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task where necessary
- Works well under pressure; takes initiative and learns quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (including Excel and Word)
Fluent in Mandarin and English (reading, writing and speaking)
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!