Job Description Summary
The Receptionist is a member of the Facilities Department and is responsible for fulfilling STEMCELL’s reception services at the assigned office location(s), in addition to supporting office services and completion of front desk related projects that support the alignment of core services. The successful incumbent is part of a small team of receptionists providing coordinated services to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and manage all incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate person and/or department.
- Greet visitors and manage guest inquiries.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Organize monthly birthday celebrations for employees.
- Coordinate hotel and flight booking as required.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies including food and drink.
- Ensure a clean working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in reception, administrative support and/or customer service is required
- Experience in a multinational company is an asset.
- Customer-focused mindset with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Computer proficiency in MS office, Word and Excel.
- Top-notch organizational skills, detail-oriented and proficient at time management to execute multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to assignments and projects.
- Team oriented - ‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!