Product and Scientific Support Representative
Job Description Summary
The Representative provides product and scientific support to new and existing customers, as well as distributors and sales staff. This includes receiving and investigating basic product complaints. This position is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support to general customer inquiries.
- Assists in administering departmental platforms (eg. Confluence, Salesforce, LiveChat) and process optimization projects.
- Responsible for departmental meeting minutes.
- May assist in implementing technical programs.
- May deliver training to non-technical audiences.
- Execute ad-hoc projects as determined by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of work experience or a Master’s degree with no work experience in life sciences.
- Experience as a client service representative or within a research environment or biotechnology company would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mammalian cell culture theory is required.
- Flow cytometry and cell separation experience would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Molecular biology techniques and fundamentals (e.g. CRISPR genome editing) would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage regular interruptions to work-flow.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to explain product and scientific information to both experts and non-experts alike.
- Experience working with collaborative software programs such as SharePoint and/or Confluence would be preferred.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in additional languages would be an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!