Work at STEMCELL
Explore the exciting career paths at STEMCELL, which include competitive benefits and opportunities to achieve your full potential with growth-driven training and development.
Field Applications Scientist
Job Description Summary
The Field Applications Scientist will provide scientific and technical support for customers and Sales Representatives related to our human pluripotent Stemcell biology product lines. The purpose of this position is to create value for our customers and build on STEMCELL’s reputation for delivering outstanding customer service resulting in revenue growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Sales Representatives to perform routine and technically challenging demos for customers/potential customers as required.
- Develop and present product specific lectures to pluripotent research accounts across China.
- Perform workshops/training courses for researchers new to the PSC field.
- Respond to and document customer complaints to ensure resolution in a timely manner (work with Technical Support Staff, RND Scientists and Product Marketing Manager as required).
- Visit key labs to troubleshoot and optimize protocols; travel required.
- Execute and assist in the product education of in-house personnel, customers and distributors.
- Teach and train customers and staff on the use of products.
- Identify new applications and product-enhancement opportunities in anticipation of customer needs and competitive offerings and feedback to RND scientists and Product Marketing Manager.
- Work with Sales Manager and other Field Application Specialists to prioritize work with customers.
- Represent STEMCELL Technologies at conferences, workshops and trade shows as required.
- Perform analysis on demos and market as required.
- Assist in revenue generation to meet revenue targets.
- MSc or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or an Applied Science
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture is a must
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Skilled presenter, able to deliver and explain scientific and technical information to both experts and non-experts alike
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent trouble-shooting and customer service skills
- Experience with human pluripotent stem cell culture and STEMCELL’s human pluripotent stem cell products is an asset
- Sales experience and additional languages would be assets
- Fluent oral and written English is essential
- Must be legally eligible to work in China on an ongoing basis
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!