Scientific Inside Sales Representative, Cell Culture - Sweden
Job Description SummaryCurrently we have a new opening for a Scientific Inside Sales Representative based in Sweden. The main responsibilities as a Scientific Inside Sales Representative is to find, develop, and grow new business accounts in the cell culture product sector. Secondary responsibilities include growing existing revenue streams, supporting Field Sales Representatives, and assisting with administrative tasks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Surpass revenue targets in assigned territory.
- Be a pro-active, contributing member of the Swedish and European team.
- Contribute to short and long term territory business plans through in depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and target potential new customers through effective market, revenue, and literature analysis.
- Engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise and business acumen.
- Provide excellent customer service by following through with prompt solutions to all customer inquiries.
- Effectively work and communicate with other STEMCELL departments such as technical support, marketing, customer service, and business operations.
- Working with Field Sales Representatives in responding to customer needs as they arise.
- Rigorously document communications and keep up to date the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of day-to-day selling in your territory.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biotechnology, Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Physiology, or a related scientific field.
- Hands on experience in an academic or biotech laboratory setting. Cell culture experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated track record of being pro-active and assertive in accomplishing goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- English required. Scandinavian or Dutch languages an asset.
- Location: Home office, ideally in the Sweden Medicon Valley region.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
To apply, please select the “Apply” button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.