Work at STEMCELL
Explore the exciting career paths at STEMCELL, which include competitive benefits and opportunities to achieve your full potential with growth-driven training and development.
Field Application Scientist, Primary and Cultured Cells
Job Description SummaryThe Primary and Cultured Cells Field Application Scientist’s primary responsibility is to develop new business relationships, and expand existing relationships by analyzing account potential, initiating, developing, and closing sales that drive profitable revenue growth of primary cell products and services. They will act in a technical support role and in conjunction with the sales team to perform webinars, site visits, lunch and learn presentations; and provide negotiation and logistical support for complex deals. Additionally, they will handle requests on behalf of sales representatives for web-buying portals such as Scientist.com and Science Exchange; and act as a liaison between the sales team and cell providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand sales growth within various market segments such as Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Regenerative Medicine, Cell and Gene Therapy, and Academic R&D.
- Develop a territory business plan to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Build team relationships with other sales and operational staff to maximize sales revenues and growth.
- Develop business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of STEMCELL’s primary cells products and services for both sales reps and customers.
- Take part in site visits, webinars, phone calls, and lunch and learn seminars at customer institutions with a focus on driving primary cells revenue growth.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and sales team by collecting and communicating feedback from the field to Marketing, Business Operations, and Sales leadership teams.
- Be the primary selling resource for web-buying portals (eg. Scientist.com).
- Work directly with the internal Fresh and Frozen Primary Cells Teams to execute on complex opportunities flawlessly, profitably, and in a timely manner.
- Assist with executing other daily tasks or special projects, as assigned.
- Independently travel to and attend vendor shows, conferences and seminars to prospect, increase brand messaging and communicate with customers and clients.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge, negotiation strategies and selling skills.
- Represent STEMCELL Technologies at conferences, workshops and trade shows as required.
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Ability to generate and close sales opportunities .
- Ability to learn and understand highly technical content.
- Positive attitude and resilience.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- Independent decision making & problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Flexibility to work both autonomously and as part of a cross-departmental team.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- PhD in a scientific discipline is preferred, or equivalent experience..
- Two or more years previous experience in a similar sales role, preferably in selling to academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical researchers and organizations.
- Familiar with primary human cells, stem cells, immunology, life science research, drug screening, toxicity testing, cell-based assays, hematology and flow cytometry.
- Proficient use of SalesForce or other CRM software.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint..
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!