Key Account Manager
Job Description SummaryAs a Key Account Manager you will hold a position of significant responsibility within our Sales team. If you have a strong track record in a commercial setting and are comfortable in building new and existing accounts this opportunity will give you a fantastic opportunity to continue to build and develop your career.
- Develops and executes long-term revenue growth plan for accounts with effective communication to Key Stakeholders.
- Actively gathers and acts upon customer intelligence including regulatory filings and financial statements.
- Has increasing insight into customer and target company trends and how these factors affect revenue.
- Recognizes emerging trends in the field and leverages this knowledge to develop commercial insight that lead to product development or licensing collaborations; Recognized internally and externally as an expert and may act as an ambassador for the company.
- Has a base level of understanding around product life-cycle/manufacturing as it pertains to STEMCELL's business and client impact in order to develop effective inventory management strategy for Key Accounts.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in life sciences (Hematology, Cell Culture, Molecular Biology, Immunology) or an allied science.
- Strong relevant field sales experience or equivalent industry experience with a proven sales track record of success in closing complex and large revenue deals (minimum of a $500,000 account).
- Previous exposure to working with accounts involved in clinical applications that would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; high willingness to travel.
- Location: Home-based in UK
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL’s vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the “Apply” button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.