European Market Development Manager
Job Description Summary
We are looking for two European Market Development Managers who can be based in our Cambridge, UK office, our Cologne, Germany office or our Grenoble, France office. The first role will support the business performance of pluripotent stem cell workflow products in European markets, while the second role will focus on epithelial biology and organoid products. With input from the global Product Management team, the Regional Market Development Managers oversee the regional implementation and execution of product management activities and provide regional input on effective marketing strategies. These roles involve a high degree of interaction and collaboration with Product Managers, Sales, customers and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Product Portfolio Strategies
- Provides regional market intelligence with Product Managers, providing input into global and regional product or portfolio strategies.
- Maintains in-depth understanding of relevant research field, including awareness of key opinion leaders and key institutions; establishes relationships with regional key opinion leaders and potential commercial business partners in order to facilitate product development and market analysis, including identifying in-licensing, collaboration and funding opportunities.
- Provides recommendations to the Product Managers for the five-to-ten year product development plan through analysis of the regional market(s), the competitive landscape and customer needs.
- Identifies cutting-edge and disruptive technologies emerging in regional markets and proposes changes to product strategic planning to leverage new market opportunities and/or combat competitive threats.
- Works with Product Managers to develop and implement regional strategies to improve profitability and customer retention.
- Tracks the regional financial performance of the product line(s) and presents financial overviews to the Product Management groups, performs custom analyses to investigate deviations/patterns and provides recommendations to deal with opportunities/threats.
- Identifies regional opportunities and supports applications for product commercialization grants and funding.
Marketing and Sales Support
- Communicate regional Sales feedback as it pertains to product training, collateral or regulatory needs.
- Where appropriate, may deliver new product or market training to regional Sales and P&SS Teams; participates in regional Sales Strategy Sessions as requested.
- Works with regional Sales Managers and Marketing Teams to amend sales strategies as appropriate for local markets.
- Identifies and attends conferences, managing the exhibition and gathering market and competitor information.
- Provides region-specific customer insights to Scientific Marketing team and International Marketing Specialists to guide the development of modified marketing strategies or specific messaging.
- Demonstrates product capabilities at trade shows and scientific conferences and conducts client presentations and visits to improve engagement with key strategic accounts.
- May complete other marketing tasks as required.
- Recommends revisions to regional market development management and training processes.
- Contributes proactively towards Product Management and/or cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Participates in recruitment, selection, orientation and training of new hires.
- PhD in a scientific field relevant to pluripotent stem cell or epithelial cell biology plus some marketing or directly relevant product management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience of using pluripotent stem cells or epithelial cells in an academic or industrial laboratory setting is an asset.
- Strong understanding of pluripotent stem cell or epithelial cell biology, including awareness of research trends and key institutions; established relationships with key opinion leaders is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills, with proven experience building strong relationships with stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technical and scientific writing relevant to generation of educational and marketing materials.
- Experience of project management and project planning, including coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines, and adjusting flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Team orientated – ‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!