Customer Service Representative
Job Description Summary
We are currently hiring for a Customer Service Representative role in our Grenoble, France office, who will report to the Customer Service Manager, Europe Supply Chain Operations.
The Customer Service Representative will work as part of the team that is responsible for receiving and processing orders, coordinating shipments, answering phones, responding to emails, providing prompt responses to customer concerns while delivering exceptional customer service. Other tasks will be performed as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with European Sales and Technical Support teams, as well as Corporate Operations teams such as Procurement to ensure orders are entered, shipped, and confirmed in a timely manner.
- Enter and process orders in enterprise resource planning (ERP) system; this includes customer orders, process proficiency testing, standing orders, primary cells, custom and bulk orders, as well as internal requests.
- Communicate, in writing, with logistics carriers in case of shipment delays.
- Update backorder reports daily to ensure delays are identified and followed up on.
- Facilitate product complaints and returns as directed by Supervisor.
- Assist the Finance department with aged receivable collections and invoicing tasks.
- Maintain a high level of service and professionalism to all our customers.
- Participate in continuous improvement (CI) discussions to provide recommendations for better efficiencies and results.
- From time to time, obtain knowledge of STEMCELL’s products to better support to our customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Post-secondary education.
- Previous experience in Order Processing or Customer Service would be a strong asset.
- Fluent in French and English (German or other European languages would be an asset).
- A friendly and outgoing personality that is displayed both in person and over the phone. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Superior typing skills are essential.
- The ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is also required.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!